One of the most common questions I hear from our clients this time of year is, “Is December a good month to launch my program, or are people all checked out for the holidays?”
The answer: Contrary to what you might think, the holidays are the perfect time to activate new business. Here’s why:
- Money is flowing. This is the busiest shopping season of the year, which means you’re part of a conversation that isalready happening. If people are buying presents for others, it’s only a short leap for them to invest in themselves, too.
- New year, new beginnings. Your most high-achieving clients will be thinking about lining up coaches, mentors and teachers (like you!) to support their success in the new year.
All this means that you have the opportunity to make December one of your best income months of the year, while being of service in the highest way.
So how will YOU create an income breakthrough in December? Make a clear decision on the amount of money you wish to make, then decide the “how” using these proven ideas as a starting point:
- Make a juicy Breakthrough Session offer to your list (limit the time to apply and number of spots available)
- Pre-sell a teleseminar course, homestudy program or group VIP day and include a 30-minute Breakthrough session with you (perfect for making a high-end offer)
- Have a holiday sale of any homestudy courses, past teleseminars or recordings you have (hint: include trainings “hiding on your hard drive” – not currently available on your site – and make them available for that sale only)
- Open up just 1-2 spots for high-end private mentoring/coaching with you (6 months or 12 months)
- Create and offer a quick 30-60 day program, to start at the beginning of the year (include a special bonus session or ½ 1-Day intensive as a bonus for clients who sign up early)
- Make an offer for limited 1-Day intensive spots, focused on a specific topic that solves a pressing problem for your peeps
- Offer a 1-Day intensive workshop, either in person or virtual (again, focused on a specific pressing problem)
- Reach out to past teleseminar, group or workshop clients and offer a 1-Day intensive or shorter program
- Raise your fees!
- Go to all of your clients on payment plans and give them a special bonus or savings for bringing their accounts current
- Collect all unpaid money still owed to you by past clients
- Offer a juicy bonus for clients who pay in full (versus payments)
- Partner with a colleague who offers a complimentary service; offer a free Breakthrough Session to all of their current or past clients (a well-known mentor followed this strategy to launch her business with no list and no website; she was booked 2.5 months in advance selling dozens of her $2k program)
- Offer a ½ day training for a small group, paid now and delivered in the new year
- Let your current clients know you’re opening spots for 1-3 new clients and ask for referrals (you’d love to serve clients just like them)
- Invite friends, colleagues and clients to your home or office for an intimate 1-day event and make a private Platinum offer (one of my clients created a 5-figure payday by implementing this strategy)
- Call past and current clients to present an additional service, such as a 1-Day intensive or ½ day group workshop
- Call past and current clients and make a “first dibs” offer on your latest program or teleseminar course
- Call at least 5 of your colleagues or mastermind partners and let them know you’re accepting referrals
- Host a teleseminar right after Christmas and before New Year’s (when things have slowed down, peeps are just chilling and getting caught up – they’re paying attention!); offer Breakthrough sessions or a new program
- Follow up with all potential client inquiries from the past 90 days and offer your latest program
- Follow up with everyone you’ve met at an event or networking meeting in the past 90 days; make them an offer or ask for a referral
Remember, the best time to get new clients is when YOU want. While there are natural ebbs and flows in the calendar year, the perfect time to launch a program, product or service is when YOU decide, not what you think the calendar dictates.
Making the decision to hold off on your launch because you think “it’s slow right now” or “people aren’t buying” is a great way to give up your power or hold yourself back based on misleading or “grapevine” information.
Fact is, when you make a firm decision to create a certain amount of income, the money is always there.
So, as you were reading that list, which one of those jumped out at you as a really cool idea to implement? My coach’s request is for you to take action on it NOW, instead of waiting. You can do this!