Marketing Content Creator
Scope of Work
Are you a rockstar at creating online content, including blogs, social media posts, emails, landing pages and webinar scripts? Do you have a knack for capturing your clients’ written voice? Can you produce quality work, fast? Are you a livelong student of content marketing and direct response marketing?
You might be a great fit with our company as our marketing content creator!
Who We Are: Lead by Elizabeth Purvis (elizabethpurvis.com), 7-Figure Goddess, LLC is an online personal growth company dedicated to empowering conscious women in the realms of personal transformation (magic, manifestation, Universal Law) and money.
Your Role: As Marketing Content Creator, you will work closely with Elizabeth to produce all of our online content, including weekly blog posts, podcast scripts, emails, social media content, landing pages and webinar scripts.
- Ownership of the creation of all content, following a process of “brain dump -> draft -> magic sprinkles -> finalize”
- Work closely with Elizabeth to strategize, design and outline content (the “brain dump” phase)
- Create all first drafts
- Finalize content after Elizabeth tweaks draft (“the magic spinkles”) and make sure it gets to its next destination (design, publication, etc)
- Work with clients to create and draft testimonials
- Keep “the content train” rolling when Elizabeth is bottlenecked; make content decisions in her absence
- Be a brainstorming and thinking partner with Elizabeth to design content and campaigns
- Manage your tasks in collaboration systems including Teamwork, Teamwork Desk, and Slack
- Create and manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for content creation
- Types of content includes a combination of content marketing and direct response marketing, including blogs, emails, social media content, podcast scripts, webinar scripts (Elizabeth writes all sales pages)
What You Bring To The Table:
Excellent (A+++) oral and written communication skills – obviously! 🙂 4+ years of experience writing content for the personal growth space, either in your own business or another company. Ability to capture Elizabeth’s written voice (which, incidentally, is very similar to her speaking voice 😉 ). A love for our clients (see elizabethpurvis.com for an idea of the women we work with) and the ability to empathize with their struggles and triumphs.
Solid knowledge of content marketing, direct response marketing, and the basic process of automated campaigns and launches. At least 2+ years experience in the online marketing world, creating content that leads to sales.
While you do not need to be the master direct response marketer – that’s Elizabeth’s role – you must be able to produce drafts that she can edit quickly after the “brain dump” phase – including catching the subtleties. A passion for direct response marketing and marketing through story is a must!
100% personal responsibility, self-direction, ability to make decisions and “drive the train” on content projects are all musts. Aligned with our mission to empower women in the areas of money, manifesting, business, personal transformation.
Ideal DISC profile: I / S
Location + Type: This is a virtually-based, independent contractor position. NOTE, too, that this is an ongoing role that pays hourly. This is NOT a “per project” position.
Time Zone: Pacific is ideal; up to a few hours off (ET) is workable.
Commitment: 20-25 hours per month to start, with room for growth. Occasional weekend availability (not standard).
HOW TO APPLY:
In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of ”Application: Marketing Content Creator,” answer the following questions:
- How does your background and experience fit the requirements for this role?
- Why does this opportunity excite you?
- Why do you think you’d be perfect for this position?
- What are up to 3 examples of past experience that best demonstrate how you can excel in this role?
- What are your own goals for 2017 and beyond, and how does this opportunity fit those goals?
Please also include a resume or description of relevant work experience, 3-4 samples of marketing content (including content marketing and direct response) and 2-3 references.
You’ll receive an autoresponder to confirm your application has been received. (Check your spam or junk folder before resending your application.)
All candidates who make the short list will be required to complete a short project so we can see your brilliance in action.
Position starts immediately; applications reviewed on a first-come, first-considered basis. If you’re called, apply now. :)