Do you find yourself drawn to travel? Do you have a case of wanderlust?
The Gold Coast, Peru, Bali, Italy, Hawaii… Australia…. the women of our Feminine Magic® community are of the world, and are called to see the world!
So here’s a shocker… (not!) … I’m no different.
I’ve been traveling to attend retreats, conferences and ceremonies for years. I’ve hosted retreats up and down the beautiful West Coast. And just this year we traveled as a family to Maine, I’ve ventured solo to Belfast, Ireland twice, to California 3 times and I’m off to my longtime former home, New York City, in just a couple of weeks.
(I was also due to go to Necker Island to hang with Richard Branson, but due to the
hurricanes, our trip got postponed. Please hold the people of the British Virgin Islands in your heart; they’re in pretty bad shape down there. xoxoxoxox)
Travel is a powerful catalyst for transformation for successful, ambitious women. It gets you out of your home frequency, and stretches your mind.
It creates an environment like no other to shift who you’re BE-ing and uplevel your desired energetic state in a visceral way.
And whether you’re traveling for pleasure, a retreat, spiritual growth, a mastermind or training, travel is a natural way to raise your frequency…and essential oils are the perfect magical travel companion.
Because they offer a similar effect— an instant and dramatic change in state that heightens and grounds your travel experiences.
They also have a whole host of wellness benefits that can’t be beat while traveling. Fatigue, headaches, dealing with germ-central environments like airports, jet lag, exposure to foreign (to you) bacteria.
Of course you can use them in your manifesting rituals along the way!
If you’re looking for a few simple rituals to take on the road, I offered up 3 manifesting with essential oil rituals last week.
Check out: My Manifesting Secret Weapon
There are a few more essential oil based rituals for receiving over here.
Finally (and most exciting to share!!), I’ll be offering up even more travel-friendly manifesting practices and rituals over in my new private Facebook group, Essential Oil Magic. So join us! 🙂
Here are the 10 essential oils that I always take with me for magical travel and why…
1. Frankincense is the POWERHOUSE of magical oils. It known as “God in a bottle” and is regarded as a strong spiritual conduit to God (and Goddess) with an overall masculine energy. It really can be used for anything but it’s my quick go-to for deepening my connection to Essence and embodying the energy of peace and relaxation. I also reach for ‘Frank’ for purification and to enhance the overall energy of my magical work. You can also apply this to the bottom of your feet to balance moods and maintain overall wellness while on the road.
TIP: If you’re looking for a strong feminine counterpart, grab Myrrh! 😉
2. Lemon is great for detoxing and can be used for both literal and spiritual cleansing. One of the simplest essential oil practices is using lemon in your water like I do daily. When I’m traveling I’m able to skip the sugary, flavored drinks in most restaurants by jazzing up my water with a few drops of lemon instead. It’s like a mini flush for your entire system that also opens and uplifts the spirit.
3. Lavender is one of the most popular essential oils for good reason. It possesses calming and intuitive properties and imbues the energy of happiness, peace, comfort, and companionship. Use a few drops of lavender to help you relax and get some shut eye on those long flights and before morning meditation.
4. OnGuard (a doTERRA® blend) always makes the packing list because its proprietary blend strengthens the immune system (perfect for airports and germ-y airplanes), and it’s also ideal for protection and establishing boundaries which is often needed when venturing to new environments with unfamiliar people. OnGuard contains clove, a strong cleansing oil for your physical body and spirit. I take this one internally while on the road and at home and often add a few drops to fractionated coconut oil or my hotel hand soap to make an easy hand sanitizer.
5. Peppermint essential oil creates lightness of spirit – something we all need while on the road. It also cuts brain fog and stimulates alertness, making it perfect for jet lag. Peppermint can also be used to freshen breath, soothe an upset tummy, and support the respiratory system. I love to pop a drop in my mouth and inhale deeply, letting my heart and mind lift gently before I head out for the adventures of the day.
6. Breathe (a doTERRA® blend) clears the air. I keep it on hand to keep the sniffles at bay if I do feel a runny nose or environmental threats. This blend contains Ravensara leaf, another oil that is known for its protecting, cleansing, and mending properties. (If you’re noticing a trend here it’s because transformation requires a whole lot of letting go and releasing).
7. Melaleuca, also known as “tea tree” oil comes with me for clearing, cosmetics and cuts. It’s perfect to dab on blemishes (who else has skin that freaks out when traveling?) or minor cuts and hang nails to keep them clean until I can apply a bandaid. I also use to clear any negative energies in new or unfamiliar spaces. A few drops in a spray bottle with water works… or you can travel with your diffuser like I do sometimes. Melaleuca is also a decongestant, clearing energy blocks or body toxins you want to release.
8. Wild Orange is the oil of abundance. That pretty much says it all. We travel to expand and to open our eyes to the abundant nature of our world. This is one of my all time favorites at home too. I drink it daily (in water, like lemon) and to use it aromatically to literally breathe in abundance. I put Wild Orange in everything! Rub a drop or 2 of wild orange with equal parts peppermint and frankincense in your palms and then inhale deeply for energizing boost of creativity and inspiration. 🙂
9. Forgive (a doTERRA® blend) helps release the weight of guilt, doubt, anger…basically any low frequency energy that keeps you from moving forward. I have this one in a rollerball for fast application and will anoint my wrists or heart chakra when a something presents to be forgiven. Like the “mom guilt” that sometimes creeps in when you’re on the road missing your loves at home, but know it’s for a greater good.
10. Purify (a doTERRA® blend) is also a powerful oil for clearing and cleansing. Again, use this oil in a spray bottle or diffuser to clear yourself of any negative energies, old thought patterns or emotions that no longer serve. And to combat odors (stuffy hotel rooms) and germs. Just add a few drops to a cotton ball and stick it in the air vents of cars or small rooms.
And because I couldn’t actually stop at 10, here are two bonus oils for you.
11. Motivate (a doTERRA® blend) will cleanse negative emotions like guilt or pessimism and replace them with feelings of confidence, courage, and belief. When traveling, I bring this one, usually in a rollerball, to help me embrace new experiences. Perfect for moving through fears to cross items off your bucket list. You can also anoint your temples for focus and the back of the neck for confidence before speaking.
12. Passion (a doTERRA® blend) helps you consciously create the highly magnetic energy of passion. I love it for business retreats to help you rekindle feelings of excitement about your work and to reconnect to your vision. Place few drops in your bath water or on hand towel placed (carefully) on the shower floor will set you up powerfully for a day of creative brainstorming or strategy.
So those are my personal favorites to take on the road.
But remember, you won’t get the benefits if you just toss them into your luggage or overnight bag and call it a day!
To use oils effectively for magical travel, you’ll have to be a little more intentional.
Instead, pack some easy manifesting rituals and a simple protocol that’s hand-selected for your journey. You don’t have to do a ton research to set yourself up because I’ve got you covered.
Check out the articles linked earlier in this article, and if you’re ready to up your manifesting game – even while on the road! – check out my latest 14-day manifesting journey, Manifesting With Essential Oils.
You’ll learn all about how to use essential oils to stabilize your emotions, and a LIVE 14-day guided journey to become a vibrational match to the success you want, with the help of essential oils.
If you have transformative travel on the horizon and want to amplify the impact of your trip working with essential oils… join us!
PS: The doors close on Monday!! If you’re in, drop me a comment below 🙂