I often get asked how I manifest, create and call in so much.
Of course, there’s no one single answer. (There IS a process, and that’s one of the reasons why I created The Feminine Magic® School of Manifesting.)
But here’s a big one.
I let go of a LOT.
I mean, a LOT a LOT.
Letting go is the lynchpin of manifestation – the one thing on which the entire process rests. If the fastest way to call in what you Desire is to BE the version of you that already has it (hint: it is)…
… then letting go becomes a non-negotiable self-care move.
You’ve heard it before but it bears repeating: everything you wish to manifest requires letting go of something first.
Were that not true, you’d have what you want already.
If you want more money, you must let go of whatever keeps you from receiving more money.
If you want a new relationship, you must let go of whatever keeps you from calling that new person in.
If you want to make a complete 180 in our business, and step fully onto your Divinely contracted soul’s path… you must be willing to completely blow up everything you built before, including releasing your programs, brand and even your entire team, if necessary.
(Ask me how I know. 😉 )
“We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us,” Joseph Campbell said.
For the Feminine Magician, it goes way beyond that. Releasing, clearing, and letting go is a monthly, weekly and daily occurrence.
For example, in the past few weeks, I released 3 projects that are consuming too much energy and attention. We shut down one of our funnels that had been bringing new people into The Feminine Magic® School of Manifesting consistently, but is now counter to the direction we know we need to go in. I silently, lovingly severed ties with several people who are no longer an energetic match. I re-committed to my high-vibration eating plan, which completely eliminates sugar and flour, tightened up our boundaries (releasing several clients who are no longer in money integrity with our company), and freed up about 10 hours a week in my schedule by delegating even more.
That’s not counting the DAILY energetic clearing, cord-cutting, space clearing and detoxing (with the help of essential oils).
As I’m sure you’ve experienced, letting go can be UNfun.
It’s uncomfortable. Unfamiliar. Requires discipline. Sometimes people’s feelings get hurt.
But holding on to the old, outdated thoughts / habits / relationships / perceptions while attempting to attract or manifest new experiences severely blocks the opportunities to call them in with ease.
The good news is, letting go doesn’t HAVE to be hard. All the mental drama I just mentioned is just that – mental drama.
Which is where ritual comes in.
Among many other things, ritual is the sacred act of taking what’s on the INSIDE and making it manifest on the OUTSIDE.
If you want to send a clear message to your subconscious that you really mean business… a well-crafted, intentional ritual will do exactly that. While, of course, making a clear, direct impression on the Creative Substance.
And because Universal Substance operates deductively, it will return to you what you put into it.
It is done.
The full moon is traditionally ideal for releasing and letting go of anything and everything that no longer serves. This, plus all of these reasons mentioned above, are why I’ve made some kind of Full Moon releasing ritual an absolute must.
Now I know you may be going, “Yeah, yeah, Elizabeth, let go, I do it already, yeah yeah.”
Mastery check: how much are you REALLY letting go – really really?
How often do you “let go” of something, only to find it energized and back in your life again?
This is one of those things that never ends. We are constantly adding new skin, so to speak, but because our brains make it so easy to go on autopilot, it’s often on top of the skin underneath. New clothes on top of old clothes. Doesn’t work so well.
Time to ditch the baggage. Ditch the excuses – you have time for this.
The more you release, the more you’ll call in. Full stop. 🙂
So are you ready to amp up your releasing practice?
Here are 5 of my favorite releasing rituals, all of which you can make more potent by performing under the full moon. DON’T dismiss their simplicity – some of the most effective magic is that which is the most simple.
Which brings me to a power tip: bring your full ATTENTION and INTENTION to each ritual. Both direct energy, both are running whether you are consciously aware of them or not. Choose consciousness.
All of these rituals are so simple, you can do them on the daily. Enjoy your releasing practice!
Ritual 1: Burn To Release
Hands down, my favorite magical way to release is by watching it go up in flames.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pen and slips of paper for writing down what you’re releasing
- Abalone shell (as a fireproof surface to burn over)
- Matches or a lighter
- Tweezers (yes, tweezers!)
1. Connect with your Essence and ask her to show you what is coming up to be released
2. Write down everything that surfaces on a slip of paper.
3. When you’re ready, pick up a slip of paper with the tweezers and set it ablaze over a fireproof container or surface, like an abalone shell. If you don’t have one any fireproof container will do.
PS: The tweezers aren’t mandatory either. I personally use them so I can watch the flame go up and really visualize everything I’ve written burning away and leaving…forever!
4. As the paper burns, visualize the pattern, emotion, belief etc. being cleared away in the smoke…
IMPORTANT PSA: Use common sense and take the proper precautions when burning, either indoors or outdoors. If burning indoors, make sure your area is well ventilated and have water handy in case you need it. Never leave fire burning unattended, never interfere with another’s choice and remember that you are 100% responsible for your words, intentions, deeds and karma. Be smart & safe. ‘Nuff said!
Ritual 2: Take A Cleansing Bath or Shower
A cleansing bath is both literal and symbolic… and it’s easy to incorporate as a daily ritual because you likely ALREADY do this 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bath or shower
- Epsom salts (or sea salts)
- Essential oils
1. Before bathing or showering, connect with your higher self set the intention to release anything that no longer serves.
2. Prepare your bath by adding 5 – 10 drops of essential oil and approximately 1 up of or Epsom salts to the water.
For essential oils I love working with two doTERRA blends Forgive or Console (or sometimes both). They feature some of the best essential oils I know for release work. The Forgive blend from doTERRA supports the release of emotions like of guilt and anger while promoting contentment, relief, and patience. The Console blend uses floral and tree oils to promote feelings of comfort… the giant hug you need to move through the grief that often surfaces as you let go.
1. As you soak in the tub, visualize the cleansing that is taking place. Literally wash yourself of all you wish to release.
Tip: No bath? No problem. You can easily perform this cleansing ritual in a shower. In your hands, make a paste with Epsom salt and use it as a scrub. As it rinses off, imagine all of what you are releasing being washed away.
Ritual 3: Make a Full Moon Releasing Oil
Love, love, LOVE to make these. Be sure to use the highest quality essential oils you can get your hands on.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Glass bottle or container, preferably dark or amber colored to maintain the integrity of the oils. You can find roller balls at AromaTools.com.
- Fractionated coconut oil or other carrier oil of your choosing
- Essential oils of your choice. Here are a few possibilities:
– Lavender has a wide array of properties, some include purification, spiritual love, and understanding.
– Frankincense is used for purification, consecration, protection, and overcoming fear.
– Cypress promotes spiritual understanding and letting go of pain.
1. Place your carrier oil and essential oils inside the glass container and swirl gently to blend
2. Charge the oil overnight under the full moon
3. Use the oil daily to anoint yourself, your altar or candles or in any way you choose, keeping in mind the properties and intentions of the blend.
TIP: If using on skin be sure to test for skin sensitivity and dilute as needed.
4. Breathe deeply, visualizing the cleansing energy filling your body.
5. Exhale, focusing on everything you wish to release leaving your body.
Ritual 4: Smudge with Sage
Smudging or Sage burning is traditionally used for cleansing negative energy. I burn sage constantly. Use it to clear out energy in rooms, as well.
Here’s what you’ll need
- White sage
- Feather (optional)
- Abalone shell or fireproof container
- Lighter / matches
1. Connect with Essence and set your intentions around releasing.
2. Light your sage over your abalone shell.
3. Using the feather or your hands, fan the burning sage so that the smoke wafts over your body and throughout your space, focusing on the corners of the room.
4. As the smoke snakes about, visualize any stuck patterns releasing and dissipating with the smoke.
5. Choose an incantation to claim your decision to let go:
Into the smoke I release fears and doubts.
Into the smoke I release that which does not serve me.
Into the smoke I release limiting beliefs.
Into the smoke I release regret.
Reminder… we’re working with mo’ fire, here! Use common sense and be mindful.
Ritual 5: Journal It Out
Clear your mind and write some questions in your magical journal.
Through this practice, we can better understand what we’re letting go of and release it for good!
This also serves to remind us of the WHY behind releasing. What we stand to gain when we let go.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Journal and pen
- Journaling music (if you wish)
1. Connect to your Essence
2. Ask and allow yourself to honestly answer any or all of these questions:
a. What must I let go for my Desire to come forth?
b. What is something I currently give energy to that doesn’t serve my Essence or higher self?
c. What am I overthinking and how does this create friction for me?
3. Write until you feel emptied out and complete.
So there you have it… 5 full moon rituals that I personally use and teach because they work.
Try them on their own, in combination or in addition to your own full moon rituals. I’d love to see how you personalize them so don’t forget the share in the comments.
Oh, and hey, if you loved these rituals, you might also like:
Or this one: